Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from September 6, 2018

Wednesday and Thursday, September 5th and 6th

Hello all.

Otto has been doing ok these last two days.  He continues to be on antibiotics for the bacterial infection.  His fevers continue to come on occasionally, but now we are dealing with more low grade ones rather than high spikes.  Another good thing is that with all the blood cultures they continue to take, there continues to be no growth.  This means the antibiotics are doing their job.

The big question is, why still all the fevers?  Otto had a CT Scan yesterday where we got more information.  Now it looks as though he has pneumonia.  We are still waiting to meet with the pulmonary team, but it looks like this is the case.  Hoping to get answers soon so this can be treated and done with.

Please continue to say your prayers.  We are in need of each one.  We just want to get our boy through this rough patch.

So grateful,

Mark, Leigh, Otto, Tess and Lulu


UPDATE:

We met with the pulmonary team and they were inconclusive in regards to if it is pneumonia or a fungal infection.  Tom…